Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Almost October

We just got back from a trip to the cemetery and to Lake Michigan at Pier Cove. The wind was howling and the waves were crashing. It was marvelous. The beach was virtually gone because the water is so high. My hair is a mess - it will take some time to de-tangle.

I have been knitting mittens mittens mittens! My goal is to have 10 pairs for Char to take to Ann Arbor in October. I am halfway there. I love the feel of the angora. I love working with it.

The carder was successfully moved to the front porch last week. Now I must keep a work space clear to operate the machine. I have been blending Shetland and alpaca - I am trying to spin up enough to ply a skein of it. I would like to have it done by Sunday. So far, it looks wonderful. And I still love the carder!

I found a spinning diary that I had started back in 1989 - what a hoot! Only a couple entries in it. I think I will continue it as if I just left off. Maybe another 20 years will go by so quick...

My shawl is at a standstill. I will start in on it again for a break during the mitten project, as soon as the Shetland/alpaca skein is done.

Then also fit in visiting with friends and hunting. Life is good, but also busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment