Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Into September

Well, it just took me over 30 minutes to get into my blog to make another post. I couldn't remember which account I was using or what my password was. It just sucks to get old. I have it written down now, so hopefully, my next post won't waste my time before I even start.

I had a wonderful birthday last week. Hunting doves in Indiana, as I have on most past birthdays for several years now. Staying at the Tortuga Inn was great again, and seeing all of our hunting buddies really made my week. Settling back into the home routine also didn't seem as daunting this year, for some reason. I even managed to hike my trail yesterday.

Labor Day was a fun day for me - Jim and I met Steve R. and Bill S. for lunch and shopping. What a fun time it was! I bought a few things (too many actually) - mostly clothes. Jim bought a hat. Then we made our way back to Steve's for a chicken dinner and ice cream sundaes. It was a fun time with good friends.

I have some kind of crud from the week in Indiana - my arms have itchy welts. I don't know if it was caused by something in the sunflower fields or what. I am hoping that it goes away and I don't have to go to the doctor with it.

After a full week away from spinning, I started up again yesterday. It is proceeding slowly but surely. I have pretty much decided to do another feather and fan shawl, this time with two-ply cormo. I am spinning a rather fine single which I will then ply.

And I am still waiting on my new Supercard. I found out it wasn't shipping out until today, so it will not get here this week. I had hoped to have it by the next spin, but that will not be. We are spinning this Sunday - first regular spin since July because of no spin in August due to the Festival. I am really looking forward to getting together with the gang.

Back to spinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment