Friday, November 20, 2009

Real Progress

I am finally feeling a real sense of progress!

First, I had an awesome weekend just past - Rick, Taylor and Allison were here to visit and we had a great time. Played a lot of cards and just basically hung out. Then, Jim and I went to the spin and grin at Stephen's on Sunday and had another great time. I got my money from Char for the things of mine (mostly felted flowers) that she sold at the Ann Arbor fiber thing in October. It was really a great weekend.

Jim and I did the major-house-cleaning-during-deer-season that we do every year. We got done in record time and started right in on putting up the Christmas decorations. The only glitch with that is a malfunction on our tree which is still covered under warranty. I am waiting for the resolution of that, so the tree is the only thing remaining to complete the decorating of the house. I hope it is done by the time our first party of the year takes place in early December.

Then yesterday I did some carding of cormo for the shawl.

I am blending colors to come up with the needed eight different colors, and I am very pleased with the outcome so far. Did I tell you that I love my new drum carder?

I have the white, beige, and light gray yarn completed and ready to wash. I have the gray-beige and dark brown ready to spin. I still need to card the medium gray, dark gray and black. I am going to anticipate that I will have the yarn for the needles before Christmas - woot! I am really getting excited about the project now.

In between working on this yarn, I am also spinning more novelty yarn. Mindless and fun. It is so neat to see how it turns out. I am using some Shetland roving that I dyed, plying it with chenille. I bought a new, larger roaster to dye in, and it is working superbly.

And in between everything, I am starting to think Christmas gifts and shopping, Christmas letter and cards, and life in general. I am having to make lists so that nothing falls through the cracks. I can hardly believe that it is almost Thanksgiving already.

Maybe by my next post, the needles will be clicking!

No comments:

Post a Comment