Monday, November 2, 2009

Washing Cormo

Today, after a discussion with cormo guru, Char, I dug out some of my cormo stash from Char's shearing and I have just finished washing it again. I had washed it right after the shearing, but I knew that it wasn't completely clean and by now, these months later, it was rather sticky. So today was laundry day anyway, so I did an extra load and washed part of the lovely cocoa brown of Diana and the dark chocolate of Dixie. Now I am wishing it was dry so that I could card it and start spinning it.

I have changed the pattern that I am planning to use. It calls for eight different colors/shades of yarn. I am going to make do with five. I have the white top, Diana, Dixie, the black from Alice that Char and I bought at the festival (and Char washed for me, bless her!!), and then some light gray that I bought a year ago from Char. Now I am again fired up with getting the fiber ready to spin. I think that I might have enough of the white ready to ply, so now I will be dealing only with the colors - which are fun to spin anyway.

I am getting anxious to start knitting!

It seems good to be done with the mittens for now. None of them sold at the Ann Arbor show, which was disappointing. However most of the felted flowers did sell, so I am happy about that. When I get tired of spinning or knitting, I will work at creating more flowers.

On Wednesday, the trees were still covered in leaves, now, these few days later, they are basically bare. The yard is a foot deep in oak leaves. I raked area in the back yard around the fire pit last Friday, and you cannot even tell that I did it. I enjoy raking them - great cardio exercise and a real sense of accomplishment.

Taylor's football team, the Falcons, have won every game this year including the playoffs yesterday. They will be playing at EMU on Saturday for the championship. He called to tell me about it. I am so happy for him! Go Falcons!



No comments:

Post a Comment